Ember is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, associates, candidates and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect
We will collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information. On occasion this will also include sensitive personal information such as ethnic origin.
For our candidates within Ember Search, we will likely obtain further personal information about you during the course of our relationship with you. This information may be obtained from you directly or from third parties, such as organisations to whom we have provided your CV and who have engaged with you as part of a job application.
Profile of individuals we want to hold data on:
We are a management consultancy providing a range of services for customer engagement and experience professionals. We would like to communicate with any individual who is either responsible or influences the customer management strategy for organisations worldwide. Click here to view our range of services.
Furthermore, Ember Real Results Ltd are actively working with organisations to help them develop their employees. The learning, training and development professionals within organisations will therefore benefit from our content.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions, reports and other information. Before we do so, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts or to match your details with job vacancies,
- to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- In order to provide you with personalised content on our website, with more relevant communication in our emails, and with a tailored service from our consultants, we track and record your usage and interaction with our website and emails. We ensure that no personally identifiable attributes are recorded in this database and we do not share this information with any other business or affiliate.
The Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of clients, associates and candidates are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests - we will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner; and
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
How long we will hold your information
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will depend on the services we perform for you and for how long you require these.
- We retain your data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you or as long as need to provide services to you;
- We retain your data if there is a legitimate interest;
- We retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
As we often support clients and candidates over many years, and potentially throughout their careers, the purpose for which we retain data is often an ongoing purpose. We conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises with our candidates to ensure that (a) the data that we hold is accurate and (b) we are not holding data for too long.
Your rights on Information we hold about you
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
- Right of Access
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so;
- Right of Correction or Completion
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
- Right of Erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
- Right to object to or restrict processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
Aggregate Information about online visitors
In addition to the details collected through voluntary questionnaires, information is automatically retrieved, for example on browsing patterns through the site. This is used only in aggregate form; no individual will be identified. The aggregate data allows Ember to analyse site traffic and manage its relationship with advertisers and thus provide a more relevant service to its users.
If you have any enquires or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including to exercise your rights as outlined above, please contact us by email at Jaina.email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 10 working days.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the contact address above.